IEC TS 62600-300:2019
Marine energy - Wave, tidal and other water current converters - Part 300: Electricity producing river energy converters - Power performance assessment
IEC TS 62600-300:2019 provides:
- A systematic methodology for evaluating the power performance of river current energy converters (RECs) that produce electricity for utility scale and localized grids;
- A definition of river energy converter rated capacity and rated water speed;
- A methodology for the production of power curves for the river energy converters in consideration; and
- A framework for the reporting of results.
Exclusions from the scope of this document are as follows:
- RECs that provide forms of energy other than electrical energy unless the other form is an intermediary step that is converted into electricity by the river energy converter;
- Resource assessment, that will be addressed separately in the River Energy Resource Assessment Technical Specification;
- Scaling of any measured or derived results;
- Power quality issues;
- Any type of performance other than power and energy performance; and
- The combined effect of multiple river energy converter arrays.