ClimateXChange commissioned this report with the following objectives:
- To better understand the current state of the UK marine energy industry
- To chart recent activity in the sector (e.g. development of new components and subsystems; demonstration of single devices; deployment of first arrays; involvement of utilities and large engineering firms)
- To investigate the deployment pipeline and the market
- To explore policy initiatives, political signals from the UK Government and devolved administrations and the availability of market pull instruments.
- To set UK development in the context of global activity (taking into consideration the availability of market pull instruments and incentives in other countries)