IEC TS 62600-301:2019
Marine energy - Wave, tidal and other water current converters - Part 301: River energy resource assessment
IEC TS 62600-301:2019 provides:
- Methodologies that ensure consistency and accuracy in the determination of the theoretical river energy resource at sites that may be suitable for the installation of River Energy Converters (RECs);
- Methodologies for producing a standard current speed distribution based on measured, historical, or numerical data, or a combination thereof, to be used in conjunction with an appropriate river energy power performance assessment;
- Allowable data collection methods and/or modelling techniques; and
- A framework for reporting results.
The document explicitly excludes:
- Technical or practical resource assessments;
- Resource characterisation;
- Power performance assessment of river energy converters; and
- Environmental impact studies, assessments, or similar.