This reports provides a description of the experiments conducted during the MASK2B testing campaign at the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division (NSWCCD) in Bethesda Maryland. The main objectives of the MASK2B wave tank tests are:
- Validation of predictionless control design procedures
- Validation of control design approach for electrical power maximization
- Collection of data to build multi-dimensional maps for multi-objective design
- Implementation of model predictive control (MPC) tuned in the frequency domain (no prediction), and comparison with basic feedback controller.
- Validation of testing approach using period inputs for tuning and performance assessment of control systems
- Collection of data for 3 degree of freedom (3DOF) system identification (SID)
- Collection of wave dataset for model validation with no buoy in place no buoy
This document is intended to be released together with the data collected during the MASK3 experiments. The main purpose of this report is to describe the data collection procedure and to provide some basic data analysis which show how to select and manipulate signals of interest. The Appendix provides sample code used to generate some of the figures in the report.