OCEANS is the bi-annual event for global marine technologists, engineers, students, government officials, lawyers, and advocates. These industry thought leaders gather for four days to highlight relevant topics and current trends, while creating a community of learners and influencers who consistently advance research, practices, and policies for the marine field. Join the leading innovators, analysts, and producers of marine technology, research, and education gathering for the OCEANS’19-Seattle conference. Come meet your fellow professionals and students, hear from experts about their latest activities and ideas, and discuss your needs with the best suppliers of marine and maritime products in the exhibit hall. Thousands of professionals make the OCEANS conference their home for continued learning and so can you.
You can expect to meet with:
- Members of industry, academia, and government who want a common forum for the exchange of information and ideas
- Professionals involved in science and engineering that addresses research, development, and operations in all bodies of water
- Students interested in scientific and educational advancement in the theories and practice of electrotechnology and mechatronics
- Businesses and institutions interested in maintaining high professional and ethical standards among members and affiliates
- Policy makers and administrators who want to know what is available to address monitoring, warning, and remediation issues
The conference theme is "Blue Sea, Blue Sky, Blue Tech" with a focus on:
- Learning about new opportunities in the blue economy
- Experiencing local and sustainable practices throughout, including use of compostable products, reduced plastics, recycling and other “blue efforts”
- Learning about Washington State’s new Blue Economy maritime business plans and progress
The following is a list of papers and presentations produced by this event.